Gregory J Aziz is the proprietor of National Steel Car. He serves as the President, Chief Executive Officer, and Chairman of the railroad company. James Aziz was born in London on 30 April 1949. He enrolled at Ridley College and later joined Western University for his Economics degree. In 1971, he joined Affiliated Foods, a family-owned Food Company.
In the late 1980s, Greg Aziz joined the investment banking industry where he worked up to the early 1990s. In 1994, he ventured into entrepreneurship and acquired National Steel Car. Dofasco previously owned the company since its founding in 1912. He transformed the Canadian railcar manufacturer into the top freight car company in North America.
National steel car, which is located in Hamilton, Ontario, deals with the design, manufacturing, and engineering of railroad freight car. Additionally, the company is the only railroad car manufacturer in North America that is ISO 9001:2008 certified. National Steel Car owes its success to the commitment to quality. It also manufactures tank cars in addition to railroad freight. The company which has demonstrated over 100 years of excellence, is resourced with personnel who are values-driven and innovative. By 1999, the company had expanded its annual manufacturing capabilities from 3,500 cars to 12,000 cars.
For over ten years, the company has been awarded the annual TTX SECO awards severally. Their commitment to quality and excellence quality railcars production has earned them the prestigious awards. Click Here For More Info.
The key strategies that have made National Steel Car successful include:
- Constant invention. They don’t get comfortable with their past success but rather challenge themselves continually. They are frequently evolving to exceed the expectations of the industry and customers.
- Rich human resource. The company’s team is the keystone of the company’s success. National Steel Car boasts of over 2,000 workers who are well qualified and enthusiastic in satisfying customer’s needs. Their performance portrays exceptional commitment and integrity.
- Building healthy relationships with suppliers. National Steel Car sources from the best and ensures they win the trust of their suppliers.
- Remaining true to their core values. The core values are what steer them towards their goal.
The purpose of National Steel Car includes:
- To match forward with determination.
- To continually lead.
- To acknowledge the company’s traditions.
- To deliver with a persistent focus on quality.
Gregory Aziz is also an active philanthropist. He is among the sponsors of Royal Agricultural Fair. He has also supported the Hamilton Opera, the Salvation Army, Theatre Aquarius, and the United Way.